The Makita LXT211 combo kit includes a versatile 1/2-inch hammer driver-drill Model BHP452Z, as well as a powerful impact driver Model BTD141Z. This is the tool kit combo for all those needing a convenient, hammer driver / drill and impact driver. The Factory refurbished or reconditioned tools available are a super savings, so grab it up if it is available.
If this sounds like too much tool, don’t be shy here- get a tool that can handle the job! These two pieces are lightweight, but yet heavy duty in workmanship like Makita is known for. The charger that comes with this Makita LXT211 combo kit has some highly recommended features as well. The lithium-ion batteries are the worthwhile part of this combo kit.
Basic Features of the Makita LXT211 Combo Kit
- Rugged Construction and durability
- Makita 1/2-inch hammer driver-drill Model BHP452Z included
- Makita impact driver Model BTD141Z included
- Both tools come with side belt clips for handy retrieval
- interchangeable 18V LXT Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries
- Fan cooled Makita 30-minute Rapid Optimum Charge
- When buying reconditioned tools online, a case may or may not be included- check features first.
- Great Warranty
Makita 1/2-inch hammer driver-drill Model BHP452Z
Besides the durability, one of the most convenient features of this hammer driver / drill is the Shift-Lock drive system sleeve that quickly shifts from hammer drill to the driver mode. Not only is it smooth but is a quick time saver. The versatility of the hammer drill feature has 0-6,000 Blows Per Minute (BPM) in low speed and 0-22,500 BPM in high speed which allows tough work in drilling / driving into concrete and masonry work. The ergonomic design makes handling a snap, and with the handy belt clip feature it’s always within reach.
At just 4.2 lbs. with the battery handling is lightweight. The L.E.D. lighted feature makes those darkened areas easier to see, and I must mention how such a minimal feature can be so invaluable.
Makita impact driver Model BTD141Z- My Favorite tool of the Makita LXT211 Kit
This little powerhouse impact driver of this Makita LXT211 kit is probably the favorite piece of the combo. It is powerful with the Makita-built four-pole maximum torque motor that delivers 1,330 in.lbs. of torque, 2,300 RPM, and 3,200 impacts per minute. At only It comes equipped with a phosphorescent bumper ring that makes it easy to find in dark spaces as well as a built-in L.E.D. light to illuminate the work surface. No more holding a flashlight in your teeth for that hard to see spot! Hey, we’ve all done it. The “one-touch” chuck with one-handed quick release for simple bit insertion makes working more efficient and the workday a little shorter.
Makita 30-minute Rapid Optimum Charger and 18Volt LXT Batteries
The charger that comes with the Makita LXT211 Cordless Kit is a rapid charger that can charge the LXT lithium-ion batteries in 30 minutes, and is equipped with a fan cooler for quick cooling to extend battery life. The LXT 18Volt lithium-ion batteries have a much longer run time, 40% less weight, and up to 5X lower self-discharge than the older conventional rechargeable batteries. These are better for keeping you more productive with less down time, hands down.
Best Features of the Makita LXT211 18V Cordless 2 Piece Combo Kit
- Battery life is one of the best features of this kit
- Quick charge rate makes it a smart purchase
- Durability and ergonomic design are what customers rave about
Worst Features of the Makita LXT211 18V Cordless 2 Piece Combo Kit
- Some customer reviews dish the batteries, but most seem to view it as a best feature
- Cons: I don’t like the Makita accessory bits, (Additional Purchase) since they don’t seem durable enough for this particular kit
This Makita LXT211 18V Cordless 2 Piece Combo Kit is a great combo to add to your reconditioned tools collection.